WHAT TO EXPECT
DURING YOUR SADDLE FITTING
This should be an enjoyable and enlightening experience where I share as much information as I can about saddle fit to help you understand the various elements involved in the fitting process. It’s my goal to not only help you during your appointment, but also provide you with tools to help gauge whether your saddle is fitting down the road.
Horses are constantly changing, so it’s important to have your saddle checked approximately twice/year, or more frequently if you are noticing changes in your horse over a shorter period of time. This can occur due to time off/injury, a young horse maturing, change of barn/program/ownership, change in feed or weather, etc. If you are noticing changes in the way your horse behaves during tack up or riding (girthiness, grouchiness or biting when saddle goes on, fidgeting or moving away when saddle is being put on, refusal to stand at mounting block, head tossing, lead swapping, bucking, spooking, bolting, rearing, refusing jumps, etc.) Then it’s a good idea to have your saddle checked!
What We Will Be Looking At:
- The Fitting Cost is $115+tax and usually takes approximately 2 hours.
- Travel fees may apply for longer distances, but typically range between $30-$50.
- *Saddle Fitting is an integral part of your horses health and wellbeing! As such, I support riders seeking to help their equine partners through proper saddle fit and gladly waive the fitting fee with any new or used saddle purchase*
How To Prepare for Your Appointment:
- Please ensure I have the barn address as well as any additional instructions to locate you and your horse.
- Please let me know when I arrive if your horse is prone to any behavioural issues in the crossties or stall (biting, kicking, etc).
- I ask that you have your horse groomed and dry in preparation for their fitting and all of your riding gear at the ready.
- We will need a flat, dry, level area for the appointment, ideally clear from tripping hazards and with room to place saddles.
- You will need your riding gear! Girth, stirrups/leathers, bridle, helmet, boots, etc, so you are ready to rock and roll when it comes time to ride.
- Feel Free to ask questions about anything you see or hear during your appointment. I am happy to share any information I can to help you gain a more thorough understanding of saddle fit.
- If your coach/trainer is available during the fitting, it can be very helpful in understanding what you and your horse are working towards and some of the pain points we hope to address for you both.
If you have to cancel your appointment for any reason, please give us at least 24 hours notice. This ensures we are able to help others during that time slot. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged a $75 Cancellation Fee!